Organic Matcha - Omi
This tea is also made by Mr. Kenji-san, who is the 5th generation of tea family. Using Yabukita tea leaf, the most popular type of leaf in Japan.
Compare with Original Omi Matcha - Ceremonial grade, this organic ceremonial Omi matcha is slightly stronger in taste but also very smooth with delightful sweet finishing.
Best for drink by itself or mix with oat milk.
Why is that?
Kenji-san's family still keeps the traditional way to make matcha and other green tea. And the leaf he chooses is produce in the other side of the mountain of Uji, one of the last clean area for growing tea.
He extended 5 extra days of "shading period" which increases the amount of L-theanine and also the sweetness in his matcha.
This small tin of matcha is sample size 20g (about 10 days supply)
How to prepare?
1. Measure 1.5-2g of matcha with Shashaku (or half of normal teaspoon)
2. Prepare 80 degrees of hot water
3. Sift matcha powder to break big lumps
4. Pour 30ml of water and quickly whisk with Z or W shape
5. Enjoy it when it's still hot.
Nut, Mellow Sweet and Mildly Savory note